Data Protection Principles
The legislation sets out various data protection principles. These include that personal information is:
· Processed lawfully, fairly and transparently
· Collected for specific and legitimate purposes
· Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to the specified purposes
· Accurate and up to date
· Kept only for the required period
· Protected securely
The information we collect, how we use it and who your information is shared with
Willows Dance Company will collect the following information from our students to enable us to provide our services.
· First Name and Surname
· Date of Birth
· Contact details – i.e. telephone number/s and email address/es
· Relevant medical information/conditions
· RAD and/or IDTA pin
· Subjects dancers currently/have previously studied at Willows Dance Company
· Dates/level of previous exams
· Examination results
· Clothing sizes (when uniform/clothing is ordered)
· Dietary requirements, if required
· Photographs and videos, when consent is given
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the UK’s Data Protection Bill, we must have a legal reason to keep your data and process it. When Willows Dancy Company provides you with a service we will process your data under legitimate interest, with the principle reasons set out below:
· Administering membership records and maintaining class registrations
· To be able to contact parents/carers in the event of an emergency
· To contact parents/carers regarding classes, examinations and other news in relation to the Willows Dance Company
· Health and safety
· To comply with dance exam board regulations
We have controls to limit access to your information to the following groups:
1. Individual colleagues who need to do their job, such as processing your payments for classes/products, or dealing with enquiries and complaints;
2. External exam boards, including the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) and International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA) who require personal information to carry out examinations at Willows Dance Academy.
If requested, and where it is required or permitted by law, we may provide information to:
1. Official bodies, such as government agencies, local authorities, regulators and the police, who are authorised to request information where it is necessary for their lawful purposes;
2. Willows Dance Company advisers, including accountants
3. Other organisations such as law firms or insurance companies acting on behalf of individuals, who may request evidence containing personal information, to support a claim in relation to an incident or accident involving their client at the premises at which Willows Dance Company operates.
Where do we store and process your information?
Information is stored and processed on computers located in the UK only. Hard copies may also be kept in secure locations in the UK, though storage of data in this medium is limited.
How long do we retain your information?
We will keep your personal information for 1 year after no longer being a student at Willows Dance Company, then we will securely delete it.
How do we protect your information?
Willows Dance Company has procedures in place to ensure your personal information is protected, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards. These measures may include encryption, access controls and other information security measures to help protect your information.
You may exercise certain rights regarding your Data processed by Willows Dance Company.
In particular, you have the right to do the following:
Withdraw their consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given their consent to the processing of your Personal Data.
Object to processing of your Data. You have the right to object to the processing of your Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
Access your Data. You have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Willows Dance Company, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
Verify and seek rectification. You have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
Restrict the processing of your Data. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Willows Dance Company will not process your Data for any purpose other than storing it.
Have your Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your Data from Willows Dance Company.
Receive your Data and have it transferred to another controller. You have the right to receive your Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent.
Lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
You can contact us if you have any questions or concerns about our handling of your personal information, or if you wish to make a complaint.
By Email: email@example.com By Telephone: 07962 260225